One of the major ways of ensuring that your air conditioning unit functions properly for a long time is to clean the coils. The process is simple and if done properly, can help elongate the life of your AC. Clean coils will also ensure that you save on your electric bills, ensuring that your AC runs as efficiently as possible, especially if you live in the Miami area. Cleaning your coil is one of the ways of boosting the lifespan of your system as well as reducing costly utility expenses.
Hiring an AC Repair Ft Lauderdale Company
Hiring an AC repair Ft Lauderdale company is usually the best for persons that do not want to get their hands dirty or do not have the luxury of time to do such jobs. Calling a company that has been proven to deliver excellent AC repair services is advised, and with the plethora of companies available, there is more than enough to choose from. However, you have to be cautious to avoid falling prey to unscrupulous service providers.
One of the major reasons why you might need the service of an AC repair Aventura expert is the cleaners used for the coils. Some of them can be caustic, making them dangerous to the skin and the eye. Therefore, it is advised that you wear protective gloves and glasses if you adopt the DIY approach. This is to ensure that your skin and eyes are not exposed to the harmful effects of the solutions.
DIY AC Repair
For persons that would rather perform the task on their own, below are some easy yet effective steps to keep your air conditioner working perfectly for long.
- Ensure that you turn off the power at the breaker or disconnect before beginning.
- Remove the panel to the coils, exposing the inside of the air conditioning unit.
- Using a spray nozzle, wet down the coils to ensure they are soaked thoroughly. Avoid overflowing the drain pan. Stop intermittently to allow the water to run out the drain to avoid the pan overflowing
- Once the coils are wet, spray them with a coil cleaner. It is preferable you use an alkaline-based foamer, as this helps to dissolve the grime on the coils.
- Let the coil cleaner sit on the coils for about 15 minutes.
- Once again, spray the coil using the spray nozzle to rinse off the coil cleaner. You should see the grime wash off. Always remember to prevent the drain pan from overflowing.
- Avoid standing too close to the unit while rinsing off the cleaner. This ensures that you do not damage the coils due to too much pressure. All traces of the coil cleaner should be removed as much as possible.
- If you have a wet or dry vacuum, it is advised that you vacuum out the drain pan. This helps to remove the excess water from the pan while preventing an overflow.
You are not expected to know everything about your AC. This means that it is acceptable to run into unexpected troubles while doing the cleaning. If you, unfortunately, find yourself in this situation, it is best to call an AC repair Hollywood company.